ISO 9000 is a collection of standards about quality and continuous quality management, established by the International Standards Organisation (ISO). It can be applied to any type of organisation or activity involved in the production of goods or services. The standards collate the minimum requirements such as specific implementation guidelines and tools as well as audit methodologies. An ISO 9000 imlementation specifies the way an organization operates, it's quality standards, delivery windows and service levels. The ISO standard comprises more than 20 elements that relate how the standard functions.
Implementation offers numerous advantages for the business, including:
- Standardization of documentation for personnel working within the organization
- Increase in client satisfaction
- Measurement and monitoring of process performance
- Reduce reprocessing
- Increase the effectiveness and/or efficiency of the organization in the achievement of it's objectives
- Continuous improvement of processes, products, effectiveness, etc.
- Reduce production or provided service incidents